Sunday, April 17, 2011

My son loves candy. And I spent way too much on a bag.

Oh, what a weekend!
Really, it was crazy packed full of fun and lots of playing!

BBZ is obsessed with firetrucks.  Seriously.  Obsessed.  I love playing with him, but one can only play firetrucks for so long before dying to do something else.  Knowing that we were going to an Easter egg hunt in the morning, I decided to get the Easter stuff out of the basement and do some practice hunting.

It was so fun!  BBZ and N and I took turns hiding and finding the eggs.  He was totally pumped and ready for the real deal, which was at the Botanical Garden Saturday morning.

The weather was terrible!  It was cold and rainy and I bundled us up ready for a fun chilly day outdoors.  Little did I know that when the weather is bad, they have the hunt indoors.  it was still fun, but not nearly as fun as it would have been had we been able to run and enjoy the beautiful outdoor garden.

Here's BBZ as a top-notch egg hunter!


I wouldn't generally videotape something this uninteresting, but I took one photo with my camera and the batteries died.  At least I had my cell phone!  The pictures turned out terrible, but the video is pretty good!

So the rest of the weekend we argued with numerous requests for the delicious candy that was in those colored eggs.  It was not so fun.  He has a serious love of fruity candy.  Just like his mama and his daddy!

Today was an awesome day.  My mom is still in town helping my grandparents getting settled into their new place, which is an independent living arrangement at a senior housing complex.  She and I drove out there this morning, which was the first time I saw the place.  It's really nice, but they said they are having a tough time adjusting.  It's not home, but it is a beautiful place.  We're going to another Easter egg hunt on Saturday there.

Next my mom came along with me for a lunch I had planned with some friends from elementary school.  Now these girls know me.  Not the me that I think some people know, but the me that has been me since 3rd grade.  And I know them too.  It is such a joy to spend time with them and to know that through all these years, we still love each others' company.

While I was off with my mom this morning, N had a fun-filled day with Mr. BBZ.  Their day started at the Zoo and ended at the Earth Day Festival in Forest Park.  I am a little jealous!  Not really though...I love that he and N spend time like this together.

My mom and I came home around 3:30 and N was desperately trying to get BBZ to nap.  Something BBZ never did do.  So he was worse then cranky this evening, but that's ok.  He went out like a light at bedtime! (Hence why I actually have time to blog tonight!

I made a huge splurge purchase this weekend.  At the garden on Saturday, there was a women there who sewed handmade, eco-friendly, gorgeous purses.  As soon as I walked up I knew I was going to buy one.  Little did I know that I was going to spend WAY too much on the most perfect messenger/diaper bag that I have been keeping my eyes wide open for.

I didn't use cloth diapers with BBZ until he was 6 months old.  I hope to use cloth with this little fellow as soon as possible, so I needed a bag that would accommodate quite a few cloth beauties.  I also knew that I really wanted a handmade one and had been eyeing a few on Etsy, but those were even more expensive than this one.  It is so pretty and I can't wait to use it!  And, since it's not a traditional diaper bag, I will be able to use it after this little man is done needing one!

So it was worth the arm and half a leg I paid for it.  That's what I'm telling myself anyway :)