Sunday, December 26, 2010

A moment I will not allow myself to forget.

Last night, on Christmas night, I tucked BBZ into bed as per usual, read him a few books, got up to turn down the light and crawled back into bed to cuddle until he fell asleep.

He was a bit restless since he took a 30 minute nap on the way home from N's parents house, but the excitement of the day wore him out enough to be ready for his regular bedtime.

We snuggled up and he kept talking about what his daddy's name is, and what his grandparent's names are and doing anything he could htink of besides go to sleep.  He then turned to me and asked me what my name is.  I said softly, yet seriously,

"Sweetie, it's time to stop talking now.  It's bedtime, you must go to sleep."

And in the quietest, most precious child whisper I have ever heard he replied...

"It's ok, mommy, I know your name is Anna"

And he kissed me goodnight.  My heart has never felt so full.