Monday, June 11, 2012

Just some random things I've been up to.


I have been obsessing over my boys' eyelashes lately.  BBZ's are so incredibly long.  We have a pretty steady night time routine on our house that includes N reading a few stories sitting on the side closest to the light, BBZ in the middle and me on his other side.

I often fall asleep in his bed after the stories and I have found that if I don't come into his room until the stories are almost over I have a better chance at staying awake to do the many things I need to do after the boys go to bed.

So anyway, the light from the lamp made BBZ's eyelashes shine and look so incredibly long.  I looked over at N and his looked exactly the same.  They actually looked exactly the same length.  I wonder if BBZ's will continue to grow or if they will stay the same and he'll grow into them.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.


I can't seem to capture an accurate depiction of how gorgeous his eyelashes are

But I love this one that I got while trying :)

We all had such a wonderful day together today.  Yesterday was rough.  BBZ's attitude can be so terrible sometimes.  I know it's a toddler thing and he's going to have bad days, but I feel like N and I were redirecting him and his behavior absolutely all day long.  Today was so much different.

We played, we laughed, we went out to lunch, we planned a picnic but got rained out, and I just cannot believe how well he listened and how sweet and caring he was for me and for his brother all day.  It was a fantastic day.

LBZ had a new kind of light in his eyes today.  He was exploring, was happy, was interested in everything around him, was pulling up on furniture, was happy, didn't cry when I put him down for his nap and, in other words, was back to himself.  I missed him and didn't even realize how different he was when he was sick.  Or how really sick he actually was.  For over a week!  I'm so glad that's over.

How have I never watched the show Glee?  I'm not sure why it even happened, but I decided to watch the pilot one day last week when the boys were sick and N was out of town, and I am completely hooked.  I've seen pieces of more recent episodes because I record Grey's Anatomy, which is on right after Glee, but this is the first time I have actually watched the show.  I love it!

A fellow blogger also mentioned a favorite show of mine today, Downton Abbey.  If you have not watched this show, do it now!  It is one of the best TV shows I have ever seen.  I could only watch the first season on Netflix, which sucked because it was so good!  When we visited my parents for Easter they had become completely hooked too and also had the second season on Amazon's version of Netflix.  We watched the whole second season in the 3 days we were there.  I cannot say enough great things about that show.  Beware...it's addicting!

I have also been reading lots of birth stories lately.  I subscribed to this new blog that posts lots of various stories, and a blog friend that I have been reading for at least 2 years now just had a beautiful home birth after 2 hospital births.  It's a beautiful story.  It almost seals the deal that we are done having babies because I don't think I could ever give birth in a hospital again and since there are no birth centers in our area and there is no way N would go for a home birth, we might just be done after all.  (Ask N and we are DEFINITELY done).

I have finally taken the time to learn Instagram.  I'm already a little addicted.  Geez, the last thing I need is another Internet obsession.  I am avoiding Pinterest like the plague because everyone talks about how addicting it is.  While I have a twitter account I have never tweeted.  The fact that I have tried a new Internet anything is shocking.  But I do love that it saves my photos to my phone and post them to facebook automatically (if I want it to).  It's super fun.

I cleaned out my freezer today.  I planned to make some fish patties tonight because I knew I had some in there that had been there for a while so I dug in and checked the dates.  One expired in 2009!  I am not kidding.  We didn't even move into our house until 2010, so I managed to move expired frozen fish from one house to the next.  Gross.  So that got me digging and left us with this fresh and clean freezer.  I'm super excited about filling it with delicious food!  That's not expired.  Ahem.



While digging I did find some (not expired) salmon and cooked that up right tonight.  It was delicious and the timing was just perfect for when N got home.  All the stars aligned for us today.  If LBZ sleeps all night (or at least goes back to sleep easily when he does wake up) this day will be near perfect!

We went to the chiropractor today for the first maintenance visit for LBZ.  I decided to keep taking him once/month to help avoid any ear infections.  I tried stopping drinking milk, but it didn't seem to make a difference good or bad.  He didn't get an infection, but I didn't see a big change either.  I didn't stop all milk products because I read that if there is a mild sensitivity cutting out milk is sometimes enough, but I didn't want to do all of that just yet.  Plus, since I am taking him to the chiro again, it's hard to tell which intervention is working if I do too many at once.

I think I might stay off of the milk wagon though.  I've been drinking almond milk, which I really like.  I feel pretty good, so I might just continue.  I have had ice cream that last couple of days, so we'll see if I feel any differently, but I might just stick with the almond milk since I do like it so much.

BBZ is also been off of both of his allergy medicines for about a month now and is doing great!  I took him off the last time he had a runny nose because it seemed like it wasn't working anyway.  His nose cleared up and has remained clear since then.  I'm not sure why this is, but I think it might have to do with the chiro adjustments and the probiotic he has been taking.  Whatever the reason, I'll take it!

Whew, this was a crazy random post!  I'm back to a regular morning routine tomorrow for the first time in a while (it seems).  I'm actually looking forward to working and getting things done.  We go on vacation in two weeks and I'd like to be able to not think about work at all!

Happy Monday!