Friday, September 23, 2011

Today, you are 3

Dear Big Brother Z,

Today, my sweet son, you are 3 years old.  I can hardly believe you have only been in my life for 3 short years.  I feel as though you have been with me and our family my whole life.  You are who made me a mommy, and I am so grateful for that!

Suddenly, you are no longer a little toddler.  You are so much a little boy I can hardly stand it!  I love seeing the new things you do and the way you have grown.  You have stepped into your new role as big brother to LBZ so well, I am so proud of you.

You still love fire trucks, although your new love is everything super hero.  You love all of the Marvel comic book characters, which has brought back a love of you daddy's that he had somewhat forgotten.  He has started buying comics on eBay again :)

You are so kind and gentle and always try to be a friend to kids when you play.  You love playing bad guy/good guy and "power bomb" with your daddy.  We've had to teach you that "power bomb" is NOT something you play at school.  You are rough and tumbly with your daddy, but still come into my room at night and whisper sweetly, "I want you to snuggle wif me, mommy".

While you used to eat every healthy thing in sight, you have become a bit more picky.  You have a sweet tooth like your mommy, which only seemed to get worse while I was pregnant.  You still eat more fruit than anything else and love you milk, water and occasional apple juice.

You started soccer at your school, but haven't quite got the hang of it yet.  Your daddy and I really hope you decide you like it, otherwise we might appear like the moms on "Toddlers and Tiaras" trying to get you to love our sport of choice.  A friend got you a t-ball set that you really, really like, so perhaps baseball is your sport of choice.  Organized sports is something that I didn't think much about until recently, but now that you are old enough to participate, I can't wait!

You had a hard time napping today and LBZ fussed at the same time, causing me to bring him into bed to nurse while we tried to drift off.  Both of you boys fell asleep in my arms.  I had you sleeping in one arm and your brother sleeping in the other, and it was so calm and peaceful.  It was a precious moment that meant so much to me, especially on such a special day.

Oh BBZ, I just love you so much. I love the little boy you are growing into and can't wait to see what the next year brings!  Happy Birthday, my little love.

Love,
Mommy

(In your new policeman costume from Meme, which was "just what I wanted, Meme!!")