Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm off work, LBZ's still cookin', I might as well blog!

Well, my due date is literally right around the corner.  Tomorrow to be exact.  And in all honesty, I still can't believe how good I feel!  Sure there are uncomfortable times and aches and some pains, but overall, I really do feel pretty great.

I have also noticed that when I relax, take a deep breath, and become ok with possibly being pregnant for another week, I feel much better.  I had some pretty serious practice contractions over the weekend that made me think I was perhaps closer than I was.  Sunday was a super hard day for me.  I think I really convinced myself that he was coming and was really let down when he didn't.

I am back to realizing that this baby will likely be born in September, which is something I really want anyway.  My birthday is in September, BBZ's is too.  It is probably my favorite month of the year, followed closely by December.  It is a fabulous month for a birthday.

Plus, I am delivering LBZ in the same hospital where I was born!  My birthday is 9/5, so how cool would it be for LBZ to be born in the same place I was exactly 32 years later?!  What would be even cooler is if he is born on 9/3 and I am home by 9/5, but since I cannot choose when he will arrive, I will just sit back, enjoy my vacation, and wait.

That's another mind trick that has helped me.  I was struggling with being on "maternity leave" already and "wasting" it by being home without a baby, but I decided to look at this week as vacation since I technically took vacation time and save the "maternity leave" talk until after the baby comes.  The mind is a very powerful thing.

My mom is in town, which is awesome company!  We have been bumming around town and taking it easy.  She watched "The Business of Being Born" with me yesterday and I think she really grasped the reason I want to have a different experience this time around.  I am so glad that I watched it again so close to the birth.  I am so ready to experience this again.

I'm behind a bit in picture taking, but here is the most recent one I took...

(39 Weeks, 1 Day)

I still feel like I am smaller than I was with BBZ.  I am running about 10 pounds or so lighter, which is quite nice.  I am not swollen at all, which seriously blows my mind.  My hands are and I haven't been able to comfortably wear my rings in months, but with BBZ my feet were huge and I always felt swollen and uncomfortable.  Not this time!

BBZ had a fund raiser at our local children's museum last Sunday night and we had a blast!  They rented the place out, so it wasn't too crowded and all of the money went back into the school.  We bit in a silent auction on artwork that the kids in his class did and won a huge basket of baby toys in the raffle!  See!


Everyone thought it was pretty cool timing to win this right before the baby comes.  We really didn't need new toys, as our home is overflowing with them already, but it sure is nice to have some new things just for LBZ.  He doesn't have to have all hand-me-downs after all.

Today we have some walking planned and I see my doctor this afternoon.  I am wondering if he will want me to do a non-stress test like I had to do when BBZ went past his due date.  I have decided not to have pelvic checks with this pregnancy.  I asked a few weeks back if it was medically necessary and he said it was not.  He said that most women are curious if anything is happening (dilation, effacement, etc) but medically there really isn't a reason, so I declined.

I remember being dilated and effaced with BBZ and still waiting a week for him to come.  Plus, what if I am 4 cm dilated now and don't know it, then when I am in active labor I labor at home for as long as I can, go to the hospital and am dilated to 5cm.  If I didn't know I was 4 already I would htink that is awesome!  I was 5 cm when I got to the hospital with BBZ and thought that was pretty awesome.  I don't want to know too much, ya know?

So that's what's up with me.  No baby yet, but he will be here soon!