Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I am thankful for having so much to be thankful for.

Things like...

Making it to the far north before the storm that brought 11.5 inches of snow.

Being in a place that has 11.5 inches of snow!!!


Leaving the far north after the next 6 inches falls.

Spending the holiday with immediate family.

Snowy mornings with perfectly untouched white snow.

A little boy bundled in the warmest coat he owns.


A very well deserved promotion for my husband.

Exciting prospects around every corner.

Putting BBZ to bed and not nursing him for the first time in his life...besides when he was sick and refused.

A pretty dog with a fresh new haircut.

The smell of spices that fill a kitchen as my mom cooks a pumpkin pie.

Chilly cold cheeks after an hour of play in the snow.

My dad, who makes the best Thanksgiving feast imaginable.

Temperatures outside that support the food that's overflowing our refrigerator into the garage.

Finding grass fed beef at a super low cost.

A warm fire.

Piles of snow in a parking lot as high as the buildings.

A trip to the mall with my mama for a little shopping.

A blog by my sister that shows that her mind at ease.

Tantrums, too-short pants, "my do it by myself"s, and other signs that my son is growing more and more independent.

My friends.

My health.

My happiness.

My family.

I am thankful for having so much to be thankful for.