Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How can people be so insensitive?

Proudly I admit it, I gained 45 pounds while pregnant with BBZ. Throughout the whole pregnancy I ate healthy, walked almost everyday, and made a conscious effort to only gain what he needed me to. I did eat ice cream and candy, but I never felt that I was over doing it. I even tracked my food to make sure I was eating the right things for the miracle growing inside me. I feel ok with what I gained and am proud to say that I have lost 35 of those 45 pounds and am confident that in time I will be able to fit into all of my old jeans, not just the few pairs that must have been a little bigger that the ones I can't quite get into. So today I went to my old work and visited a very good friend and saw all the people I used to work with. I haven't seen many of them since my wedding or shortly after. Most of them were quite friendly and happy to see me and meet BBZ, but as I was walking through the hallways, 2 people at different occasions felt the need to mention that I have put on weight since I left there. They pretty much told me I got fat after leaving that site. They apparently didn't notice the 6 week old baby that I had with me, or consider that to mention to anyone that they have put on weight, let alone someone who just had a baby, is just plain rude. How does a person think it is ok to tell anyone they have put on weight? I guarantee you that 1. if a person has put on weight, they already know, you don't have to point it out, and 2. a person who has a baby puts on weight, that's what happens during those 9 months while the little person is growing in there. It takes 9 months to put it on and is taking me longer that 6 weeks to lose it... In comparison, I went to my current employer last week to visit and introduce BBZ, and many of the people there told me how great I looked. Even if they were lying, it made me feel good, which is why they said it. This just proves to me one of the reasons why I left that place. I realize how important it is to surround myself with positive people who make me feel good about myself. As much as I want to let it roll off my shoulders and move on, it really bothered me that they said it. Here I am feeling great about my progress, just to have the 10 pounds I'm still carrying be pointed out to me. I hope to turn their incredible rudeness into modivation to work off these last 10 pounds. Jerks.