Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Truthful Tuesdays: Both a Loser and a Winner



It's time again for Elizabeth's Tuesday tradition to tell it like it is.  Today she asks, Have You Ever Lost Something and Came Out a Winner?  This one is easy for me.

What I have lost:
The desire to get drunk.
The ability to sleep in.
The ability to wear a dress.
The ability to wear a bra that doesn't snap down.
The ability to leave the house with only my purse in my hand.
The ability to go to concerts on a week night.
The ability to work after hours.
My 40-hour work week
The ability to go to a restaurant without wondering if they have high chairs.
The desire and ability to keep my house clean.
At times, my patience.
Part of my identity.

What I have won:
The love of another man.
The knowledge of what it feels like to have a person growing inside me.
The satisfaction of sustaining a life with only my body for 9 months, then 6 months more.
Two big brown eyes to look at me every morning.
Two little arms that give me hugs.
Two lips that give sweet, slobbery kisses.
Another reason to love my husband and what he has given me.
The knowledge that my family will live on into the future.
Free family-friendly events on the weekends.
A day off in the middle of the week.
An endless positive outllook on the future.
A new identity.
This little boy loving me so much.



I have lost a lot of what my old life had.  I sometimes miss the way things used to be.  In ways I was much different, but I have always been me.  Life certainly has changed, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yeah, I definitely think I came out ahead.