Thursday, January 21, 2010

I won an award!


Yay!

Dondi over at Confessions of a Housewife gave me an award!  I just started reading Dondi...she cracks me up and gives me (as a workin' mama) a taste of what it would be like as a stay-at-home mama.  Plus, she has her hands full with 3 beautiful little kiddos, who are fun to hear about.  One of her little boys is a Special Olympics athlete, and as a former coach, there is a special place in my heart for the athletes.

So anyway, by winning this award I must blog about 5 random or weird things about me.  Here it goes!

1. I get sort of obsessed with my current pen.  It doesn't have to be a special pen, it is sometimes even a plain old black bic, but when I am using a certain pen it is the only pen I use and I use it until it either no longer works or I lose it, which is generally weeks.  This is only true at work though, at home I use whatever pen is around.

2. I love doing laundry.  I have absolutely no idea why.  Maybe it's the fact that there is a beginning and an end, or maybe it's because I like clean clothes, or maybe it's the smell of the dryer running that I like.  Whatever it is, I have found an amazing amount of joy in cloth diapering and I think it is related to my love of laundry.  I do hate putting the laundry away though.  My clothes are sitting clean in the laundry basket from this weekend as we speak.

3. I never wear jewelry, even though I have a lot of very pretty pieces.  I didn't make any new years resolutions, but I did tell myself that I really wanted to try and wear at least one piece of jewelry besides my watch and wedding ring every day.  Yeah, that hasn't happened.

4. I love flying.  In airplanes, that is.  There is something about that moment when the plane takes off and I am surrounded by air and moving farther and farther away from Earth that I look down and see how small I really am.  When the house that seems so big on ground looks like one tiny ant on an ant farm, I realize that I am just one of millions of people who roam this Earth, and it is humbling.  There is no other place to get that perspective besides a plane, and I always look forward to it.

5. N and I keep our money completely separate.  He has his bills and I have mine.  We have access to each other's bank accounts and a joint savings account, but we do the complete opposite of putting it all in one pot.  Neither of us can imagine it any other way.  He doesn't write anything down and I obsess about every last penny, so to try and combine these 2 opposite approaches to money-management was not something either of us wanted to do.  He doesn't have to explain to me why he spent his money on something, and same for me.  This is just one of the many ways we show how we are 2 incredibly independent people!

That was fun!  I am tagging the following blogs because neither of them have updated their blogs lately and I'm wondering what they are up to!  Let's hear it ladies!

Wringing out my sponge

Yes I'm on my way