Sunday, June 7, 2009

I almost felt betrayed by Karma...

When I was 18 or 19, I went to Lake of the Ozarks with my boyfriend (at the time) to celebrate the 4th of July. To keep the story short, while there he was driving my car and hit a parked car, damaging my car and the parked one. There was no one around, but I did the right thing. I left a note on the car with my contact information admitting guilt for the accident. I'm not sure why I did that...there is no way anyone saw it happen, but for some reason I knew it was the right thing to do. So I did it. Today I walked out to my car and noticed that my driver's side mirror was broken. The glass from the mirror was shattered and on the pavement, and the mirror was tilted back as if something hit it. I also noticed that there was a very small mark on the side of the car and on the door handle. I said some choice curse words to myself and began cursing Karma wondering how this could happen to me after I made such a responsible decision all of those years ago. Maybe I should have just driven off, especially if things like this were going to happen anyway! Some payback for doing the right thing, huh!?! So as I was driving to the store with BBZ and feeling sorry for myself thinking of how having to get this repaired inconveniences me, it hit me. The car that hit my mirror barely nicked my car. Sure it scratched the side and broke the mirror, but if there was a way for some drunk driving home from one of the 10 best streets in America to hit my car and keep driving, this was probably the best way for it to happen. So maybe Karma is on my side after all. Ahhh, the power of positive thinking.