Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sing-a-long Sunday, Imagine Redemption

So I was driving home one day this week and heard this song, which I have never heard before. It's Jefferson Starship's rendition of Bob Marley's Redemption Song and John Lennon's Imagine. These are two of the most amazing songs I have ever heard. I doubt that the words are necessary since these are such popular songs, but I included them anyway. I love the message of peace and humanity they both send. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! It won't let me embed the video, but I am still having trouble with embedded youtube videos anyway...am I the only one? Click here to go to youtube to see the song. It's not the best one out there, but it was the best one I could find! Old pirates, yes, they rob I; Sold I to the merchant ships, Minutes after they took I From the bottomless pit. But my hand was made strong By the 'and of the Almighty. We forward in this generation Triumphantly. Imagine all the people Living for today.... Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; None but ourselves can free our minds. Have no fear for atomic energy, 'Cause none of them can stop the time. How long shall they kill our prophets, While we stand aside and look? Some say it's just a part of it: We've got to fullfil the book. Imagine all the people Living life in peace... You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you wil join us and the world will live as one. Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace... You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one.