Monday, November 2, 2009

Not Me! Monday

I'm just going to jump right into this one. I have not eaten 792 pieces of candy since Saturday. I have way more self control than that and would never eat out of boredom or just because it is there. Never. When heading out the door to BBZ's friend's 1st birthday party, I did not do a quick check on the evite for directions to the family's new house. We did not walk up to the door with presents in hand only to have a complete stranger answer the door. When N proudly announced "we're here for the party!" the man did not smile and say: "you must be looking for #208 South". Oops. I always know exactly where I am going and take special care to get good directions when I don't know so we never end up in the wrong place. After forcing my son to go without an afternoon nap, I most certainly did not expect him to be a perfectly behaved angel at his friend's first birthday party yesterday. He certainly was not that perfect angel! He did not play well and eat well and make me the proudest mama. I'm not writing this just to brag about my little fella. I am way more humble that that! After the party was over, BBZ did not pass out (at 4:30pm) on the way home. He was not a sleepy mess when I woke him up when we got home. He did not beg me in every single way he knows how to let him go to sleep (at 5:15pm). I did not give him a bath as a last attempt to drag out his evening into the daylight savings time hour. I did not eventually allow him to go to bed at ahem, 5:30pm. I did not completely plan on getting up at 4:30am this morning because of this decision. He did not sleep until 5am, nurse, and GO BACK TO SLEEP until 7:00am. I do not know that I am the luckiest woman in the world today after my son slept for 13 1/2 (almost) straight hours. I did not fall asleep on the couch at 8:15pm last night right after putting the first of 3 loads of desperately-needing-to-be-done laundry in the washer. I also had not filled up the sink with soapy water and BBZ's bottles and cups for the week. They were not still there this morning since I barely got up from the couch to drag myself to bed around 10pm. I have way to much to do to be going to bed at such an early hour.

This blog carnival was created by MckMama, whose little Stellan is doing much better, but still in the hospital. I doubt the carnival is happening on her blog today, but if you want to know the rules and regs of Not Me! Monday, head on over to her blog and check it out! Have a great week!