Monday, November 16, 2009

I would rather be blogging.

I had a bit of a rough day. I'm actually a little torn about it. It was rough, but I handled everything about as good as I possibly could, so for that I feel ok. I can't really blog about any of it because of HIPPA and confidentiality, but I cannot resist the urge to blog. My Not Me! post doesn't really count for today since I actually typed it last night...I mean I did not type it last night :) So Gina over at Namaste By Day posted this fun survey! Like her, I also used to love doing these surveys on Myspace. I rarely check my myspace account any more and really can't remember the last time I did one of these, so this is just the thing I need since I can't blog about my day... 1.What is your current obsession? BBZ's diet. I never feel like anything is good enough for his little body. 2. What are you wearing today? A black sweater and some dark brown cords I dug out of the closet. I feel dark today. Maybe I will wear something fun and bright tomorrow to set the mood. 3. What’s for dinner? N got home from work early today, so when he called to see how my day was we talked about what the heck to do with the pound of ground beef I took out. We're both sick of pasta and tacos, so I put him on the hunt for something yummy, and like always, he did not disappoint. He made a delicious meatloaf which I paired with cheesy rotini and leftover little trees from last night. Mmmm. 4. What’s the last thing you bought? A prescription, hair styling gel, wipes and jujyfruits from Walgreens about 15 minutes ago. 5. What are you listening to right now? Monday night football. Go Browns! 6. What do you think about the person who tagged you? Gina is great. She is am amazing woman who loves her job and often makes me tear up when I read her work stories. We met through a mutual friend and became friends through social sites and blogging. And she always comments on my posts. ALWAYS. And let's face it, that's just cool. 7. If you could have a house, totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? N and I always said that we would love to live in Denver or Portland. We have traveled to both and got the same feeling in both places that we just belonged there. But if it came right down to it, I think we would be happy to live right where we are for the rest of our lives. As long as the house has a garage and a master bathroom I would be happy. 8. What are your must-have pieces for summer? My chaco flip flops. They were $50, which I thought was ridiculous for flip flops but they were worth every penny. Capris too. I don't wear shorts much so the capri is perfect summer attire. 9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? The far, far North to see my family. 10. Which language do you want to learn? Sign. I'd love to one day be a Licensed Professional Counselor for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. I don't know if I have the patience to learn it though. I want to just be good at it without having to try. 11. What’s your favorite quote? "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." ~Robert Frost 12. Who do you want to meet right now? Barack Obama 13. What is your favorite colour? Blue 14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet? My Ugg boots. I bought them for myself with birthday money that I pooled together. They were way overpriced like my chacos, but I never splurge on anything, so buying them was really special for me. 15. What is your dream job? I'm still deciding. I love what I do, but I also feel the need to keep growing. I am lucky enough to work in a place that allows me to grow and change and still do the job I do. 16. What’s your favorite magazine? I get way too many and rarely read any of them. I actually managed to cancel all of my subscriptions last year right before N turned in a bunch of his flier miles for free ones. Now I get them and they ofter go straight into the recycle bin. I think the Le Leche League publication, New Beginnings, gets read most by me. 17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on? Christmas presents 18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas? Skinny girl jeans on guys. I know it's a whole style thing, but I just don't get it. 19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon? I really don't know anything about this subject at all. 20. What kind of haircut do you prefer? I love the idea of long hair, but I am constantly thinking about cutting mine off. I have been wearing my hair with its natural curls lately and love it! Plus it's much easier to deal with than straightening it every day. 21. What are you going to do after this? Chores. Put laundry away, wash diapers, stuff diapers for tomorrow, and change the bed sheets. I really need to clean the shower but that might be expecting too much of myself on a Monday. 22. What are your favorite movies? Across the Universe, Almost Famous, Fight Club, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. 23. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without? Oil of Olay daily moisturizer Bath and Body Works body cream Mascara. I don't wear make-up very often, but when I do this is a must! 24. What inspires you? ~Results. My job can be tiring and sometimes thankless, but when change happens and you see a person go from where they were to where they want to be, there is nothing more inspiring. ~When musicians are masters of their instruments. I have seen some of the most musically talented people in the world perform right in front of me. I especially love the look on their face when they know they are throwing down an amazing jam. I smile just thinking about it. ~The elderly. People in this country de-value the elderly and brush them off as people who are no longer important. I have been lucky enough in the last few days to speak to some amazing people who have lived their lives right here in my city. To hear their stories and just chat with them has been a nice change. 25. Give us three styling tips that always work for you? ~Love your natural hair texture ~Choose your outfit before you go to bed. It lessens the likelihood that you will leave the house in tennis shoes and a sweatshirt (not that there is anything wrong with that!) ~If I dress nice, I feel nice. Putting a little extra effort into my wardrobe makes me feel so much more put together! 26. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)? I always have fall-back outfits. Things I know I can throw on with little or no effort that will look pulled together. 27. Coffee or tea? Tea. I don't drink coffee. Give me a cold ice tea for lunch or a hot Chai Tea Latte in the morning and I am a happy woman. 28. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed? Kiss BBZ. He is the cure-all for any sad mood. Shop. It always makes me feel better. 29. What is the meaning of your name? Full of grace 30. Which other blogs do you love visiting? I love reading my real life friends blogs the most. I love MckMama, even though our religious views are quite different. Confessions from a working mom is one of my new favs. 31. Favorite Dessert/Sweet? Candy. I love fruity candy. And Gooey Butter Cookies. 32. Favorite Season? The end of winter when it turns into spring. I actually like the cold of winter and hate the humid summer. 33. If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me? I cook a mean taco soup. I also love cooking pasta. When The Sopranos was on on Sunday evenings I would cook a huge pot of pasta for us as we watched the show and drank red wine. 34. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you? I read a book once about a concept called sycronicity. It basically described the way energy is disbursed among people during everyday encounters. It also talked about and named the way people try to steal or rob you of your energy...think of the way you feel when someone overpowers you verbally or otherwise makes you feel defeated. The person basically took over your energy, which is the way they feel they must maintain control...or something like that. When I feel someone doing this to me, I often notice it early and either decide if it is worth fighting for the energy or give it over without a fight. I pick my battles. 35. How do you calm yourself down when you are agitated or angry? Think of the many things I am grateful for. Usually a thought of my little man is enough to put things in perspective. 36.Who is the modern ideal girl: The one who knows how to shop, dress and enjoy, or the one who is simple but manages the house, kids and herself well? Ideal n. ~A conception of something in its absolute perfection. ~One that is regarded as a standard or model of perfection or excellence. Ideal seems a little too unrealistic to me. I think the modern girl is flawed, imperfect, and struggling to have it all. But she is loved by her babies, adored by her husband, and supported by her equally flawed friends. She is happy with who she is and hopes to provide the world to her family. _______________________________________________ This was so fun! I ask any of my followers to copy and post your own survey! If you don't blog, post it to your facebook page! Happy Monday!