1. I am an awesome friend. I am a fantastic secret keeper and feel proud to still have many, many secrets in my head, which by the way will remain safely there until the end of time. I am loyal, empathetic, and would jump for any of my friends even if it has been a while since we spoke.
2. I am extremely handy. I love tinkering with things and can pretty much always figure out what is wrong with an electronic something-or-other, put anything together, and tell you which drill bit you should use for a given project. My cordless power drill, a gift from my in-laws, is one of my most prized possessions.
3. I am an awesome breast feeder. This may seem like a strange thing to be awesome at, but you would be surprised by how many people struggle with breastfeeding. I pump 18 ounces a day for BBZ in only 2 pumps. This is a crazy amount of milk for only 2 pumping sessions. I am finally comfortable feeding him just about anywhere and have definitely become a pro, if I do say so myself.
4. I am an awesome navigator. I have a street map in my car if I ever get lost, but I can almost always find my way wherever I need to go. I am less awesome at this when outside of my home city, but I'm still adequately awesome at reading maps on road trips.
5. I am awesome at encouraging people to be independent. I do this for a living, and I think I am pretty good at it. You know the saying if you give a person a fish they eat a meal, but teach a person to fish they eat for a lifetime? I try to operate this way. It's easy to do something for someone and send them on their way, but what have they learned? Nothing other than to depend on others to do for them. Empowering a person to learn to do for themselves is such a joy for me.
6. I am an awesome seamstress. I love to sew and have made things from purses to clothes to pillow cases to cloth diaper inserts. I do not know how to read patterns and usually sew something from looking at an example. I hope to one day have a sewing room where my machine can stay out all of the time rather than sporadically having it out on the dining room table, like now.
7. I am awesome at being BBZ's mom. I am very in tune with him and can often foresee what he will need and when. I love him more than I can put into words and believe being with N and creating BBZ was my purpose in life. I can't wait to watch him grow and already love his sensitive, intelligent, curious and happy little self.
I tag Emma Jewel, who is definitely a Queen of Awesome!!!
My other blogger friends have already been tagged, so there you go!