Monday, December 14, 2009

Not Me! Monday

I did not sing a Miley Cyrus song at the top of my lungs on my way home from work this week. I am perfectly aware of my age and know that only 12-year-old girls (and some young boys) know all the words to "Party in the USA". I am not hoping that some of you readers are singing the song now too. Go ahead, you know you want to...
Put my hands up, they're playin' my song
And the butterfly's fly away
I'm noddin' my head like "yeah"
Movin' my hips like "yeah"

Yeah, I did not just do that. Sorry. I did not hide in the corner of the kitchen (twice) and eat Oreo cookies so that my toddler wouldn't see me. I also did not bake some oatmeal raisin cookies and decide to share only one with BBZ and eat ALL of the rest. No way, I have waaaay more self control than that...especially when it comes to cookies. At Christmas time. I am not still gasping over the Dexter season finale that was on last night. I realize it is just a show and would never spend parts of my day wondering what will happen to his family. I am not a bot in awe of the writers who manage to make me feel badly for a serial killer and hope that he gets away with murder. I know murder is wrong for any reason and would never think otherwise.

In an attempt to rid BBZ of his growing mullet, I did not use scissors and cut the long hairs off of the back of his head. I did not then spend the rest of the evening deciding that I missed spots and should keep trying to even it out. It was not N who said that his hair looked fine and I should leave it since no one will even notice that it was cut. I am not still obsessing about the little uneven cuts I left. No way. I never obsess about anything!

Want to join in the Not Me! Monday fun? This blog carnival was started my MckMama, head on over to her blog and see what she and the other moms have not been doing this weekend!