Sunday, October 17, 2010

Backyard Camping, Grant's Farm and The Pumpkin Patch!

Well, I didn't win the Bumgenius contest, but I did *meet* the winner!  Jill is a very creative mama who surprisingly lives very close to me!  It's crazy what a small world it is, seriously.

So I have been slacking on the blogging lately, which is not a big surprise if you know me at all.  It has not been for lack of content though, we have been so busy!  I love pictures, so we will catch up the weekend with some photos...

Friday 10/8, all of our friends traveled to Kansas City to see Widespread Panic, the band that we used to follow.  N and I reluctantly sat this one out, but we certainly found something to keep us busy!  Our first backyard campout!

BBZ loved the tent.


Is it just me or does he look way too much like a little man in this one?


And no campout is complete without a campfire.


Oh, and some goldfish, too.


BBZ and his fierce independence wore me out on Saturday morning and I didn't feel like fighting with him to put his clothes on.  So instead I grabbed my camera and started snapping!


Little stinker.


After our photo shoot, and when he finally put some clothes on, we headed to Grant's Farm!  I forgot my camera, but my phone caught a few shots from the beautiful morning. 






The best part of this trip was that N and I both had the same feeling that we could have another baby one day.  While I really know I want another child, I still worry about how we would handle two.  N and I both had an overwhelming feeling that something (or someone) is missing from our little family.  Maybe we'll have to do something about that :)

The fun didn't stop there...after a nice afternoon nap, the whole Z family (Delilah included as it was her birthday) packed up the wagon and headed to our neighborhood flower nursery to do some pumpkin-patchin'.





What a fantasic weekend we had!

I can't say the same for this past week though.  My week was as bad and as busy as anyone can imagine.  I had to work late twice and do a lot of someone else's work on top of my own and manage everything at home all while being super stressed and over tired.  Let's put ot this way, I had to apologize twice to BBZ for becoming angry and once to someone at work.  I am feeling much more refreshed today and hope that this week will be filled with an overabundance of patience and positive thinking, both of which I could use more of. 

On a positive note, BBZ is doing wonderfully at his new school!  He cries a little when I drop him off, but he stops by the time I sign him out and peek back in.  He is always so happy to see me when I get there in the evening.  His teachers have such nice things to say about him and spend as much time as I want at the end of the day filling me in on what he has been up to.  It's always the same teacher, so I get good and thorough information.  I am thrilled with our decision to move him and happy that we made it through those first few weeks.

I have another blog coming today because we spent another fun day around town.  Watch out for it!