Friday, April 24, 2009

Things are not as easy as they seem.

So I called BBZ's daycare and found out that they charge the same price for 4 days as they do for 5. We would have to drop to 3 days on order to save any money. I think I sort of knew that already, but I hoped that I was wrong. Now I have to decide if it is worth it to not only to work less and get less pay, but also pay (a lot) for daycare we don't need. N suggested I maybe try working a 4-day work week every other week, or in other words, take a day off without pay every other week. This wouldn't help with the daycare problem, but it would give me an extra couple of days a month at home and not take such a big chunk out of our money. I have some more thinking to do. I also looked at the cost effectiveness of working 3 days and dropping the daycare cost, but I still end up ahead keeping him in full time because if I went to 3 days/week I couldn't do my current job. I would have to change positions and no longer be a supervisor (I supervise too many people to be part-time), so that would lower my pay. Oh, why can't this just be easy? So we have more to think about, but I know it will all work out. Just entertaining the idea has kept that weight off of my shoulders. I just laid my sweet baby boy down for bed, and at first I was happy about having some time to myself, but now I miss him...like crazy! I can't wait for him to wake up tomorrow so we can laugh and play and have all kinds of fun. I'm so happy it's the weekend!