Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving and some updates on work

I have so many things to be thankful for.  A loving husband.  Two healthy boys.  N's family close by.  My family far away that we "saw" on Skype.  I am one lucky lady.

Here are my fantastic boys, enjoying their Thanksgiving feast at N's sister's inlaws' house.

And me, taking my turn with LBZ.

Baby's first Thanksgiving!

Who doesn't enjoy a living room full of games and Lego's?

My sweet BBZ :)

We have had a family photo taken at Thanksgiving for at least the past 4 years, this one has one more and one less member as Mr. LBZ joined us, but Miss Delilah stayed home.

I prefer the above photo since it shows the real personality of my sweet first born, but this one is nice too :)

Just for fun, here are a few from years past... 2007...

...2008...

...I couldn't find one with us for 2009, but here is BBZ with my lovely parents :)

...and 2010...

We figured that this was the first Thanksgiving in my whole life that was not spent with my family.  When my parents moved away about 7 years ago, we made Thanksgiving one of the times we visited them wherever they lived.  Before that, my parents always hosted Thanksgiving, so this was the first year.  We decided not to make the 13-hour trip to the far north this year since I returned to work last week, which I definitely think was the right decision, but man did I miss them!

My mom is here now for 2 weeks to stay home with LBZ.  Tomorrow is my first full day away from LBZ.  To say I am sad is a huge understatement.  I am going to miss him so much.  Last week was ok, he took the bottle for N with only minimal resistance, and it was good to see everyone back at work.   But tonight, the reality is setting in.

I am a working mom.  I will spend much of my children's awake hours away from them.  I will pray daily that I will have enough milk to sustain him for 1 year.  I know that LBZ will be adjust to being away from me and be fine, just like BBZ was, but what saddens me the most is that he has to adjust at all.  That I have to leave him and he has to be unhappy about it and figure out how to cope.  That makes me sad.

But nevertheless, I am thankful.  For my family, for my job, for N's job, for 12 weeks of maternity leave, for my healthy boys, for breast pumps, for my mom, for my parents, for BBZ's daycare that I love that LBZ will soon join, for N who stayed home with LBZ last week, for chilly days and cold nights.  And I am thankful for what I know is to come: my comfort in my decision to be a working mom.