Thursday, December 1, 2011

December is my second favorite.

I think that September is my very favorite month.

I was born in September.

Both of my boys were born in September.

My birthstone is blue, which is my favorite color.

Fall is just beginning.  The temps are generally near perfect, and the trees just begin to change into the beautiful colors of the fall season.

Yes, September is my favorite month.

But December is a very close second.

My parents were married in December.

N and I were married in December.  5 Decembers ago to be exact.

Both of my boys were conceived in December.

The house is filled with holiday lights and smells and overall happiness.

My work closes for a full week between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day.

N always takes vacation.

Around the corner is a new year.  A new chance for change.  A chance for a new life adventure.

Snow is often on the ground.

We celebrate Christmas with both N's family and mine (that are in town).

The hustle and bustle of going from family to family on Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  I know many people hate that, but I love the chaotic celebrating.

I eat oyster stew for Christmas lunch at N's mom's house.

I get to light the "Home for the Holidays" and "Mistletoe" Yankee candles.

Oh yes, how I do love December :)

Happy December 1st, everyone!