Thursday, March 31, 2011

Two and a half

On my way home the other day I was thinking.  I was thinking about these yearly photo books that I make for BBZ and wondered if I will take enough photos of the new baby to give he/she their own photo book.  So many people say that there are always fewer photos of the second, third and so on children in a family.  Then I started to wonder the last time I took photos of BBZ.  It wasn't that long ago, but I doubt that this much time went by without photos when BBZ was a baby.

Then I was reminded why.  Babies don't move much and smile alot.  My 2.5 year old on the other hand?  He moves very quickly and smiles a lot, but usually int he opposite way of the camera.

Oh well, here is my attempt at a two and a half year photo shoot!








So as you can see, I didn't really nail a great photo.  But I did get his measurements!  Look at how big he is!  And not only that, but he has grown 2.5 inches in 6 months!!!  That is crazy to me.  Do kids really grow this fast.  Wow, I hadn't really realized it when I was marking this chart, but now that we have so many marks, we can really see just how big he is!

Oh my sweet BBZ.  You are such a wonderful little boy.  You are 2 and people always ask if we are in the midst of the terrible 2s.  I generally just smile and take the opportunity to brag about what a good boy you are.  Sure, you have your moments, but you have never had a throw-yourself-on-the-floor tantrum. (knock on wood).

You have a cheery disposition and always love to play and to cuddle with me or your daddy.  You still wake at night occasionally, but it seems to be getting better.  You still ask for me most of the time, but I see you and your daddy getting closer every day.

You are a home body and love to hang out around the house.  You have a new love of pickles, that goes well with your mama's new pregnancy.  Just this morning when I dropped you off at school, you said you wanted to give the baby a kiss and kissed my belly.  You are so excited to be a big brother.

Your love of firetrucks is still in full swing, although you are branching out to police men and cops and robbers.  I ask if you are ready to give your bed back to the new baby, and you say "well the baby's not here yet!"  You stutter pretty often, but most people we've asked about it say that it is developmental.  You're so smart that your little mouth can't keep up with how fast your brain is moving!

You are working on potty training, although you don't seem to care too much about it and refuse to sit on the potty at school.  At home you will try to keep underwear dry and show how proud you are of yourself when you do go on the potty.  You say that you are afraid to poop on the potty and haven't yet, but I'm sure you will when you are ready.

Our days are full of happiness because of you.  You make your daddy and I giggle with so many of the things that come out of your mouth.  You are such a joy to be around, and we couldn't love you more.

I am so proud of you, BBZ.

Love,
Mommy