Thursday, February 10, 2011

A few of the many reasons why I love my little boy

* I left work early one day last week because of a threat of an ice storm, and as I pulled into the driveway, I noticed that the driveway was covered in a thin sheet of ice.  Knowing that N usually gets the mail when he gets home, I stopped the car at the end of the driveway to get the mail.  As I stepped out, BBZ hollered out the window... "be carefwol on the ice, mom-mie".  He is so thoughtful.

* He says randomly "I wuv you mommy" all. the. time.

* He absolutely loves to snuggle, even when he's not sick!  "I want to snuggle wif you on the towch, mom-mie!"

* For the most part, he does listen very well.  He gets the occasional voice raise to get his attention, but considering he is a 2-year-old little boy, he is extremely well behaved.

* When he wakes up in the morning he comes to our bed and snuggles for a while until we get up.  He will often pick up my arm and say "I wanna be in there, mom-mie" and cuddle as closely as he can into the nook of my arm.

* My mom caught him playing with the new play house she bought for him that came with a mom, a dad and a baby.  He has a little Lego guy that he calls BBZ (it's actually his real name obviously) who was apparently playing his part during this play time.  My mom over heard him say "you're such a good big bwover BBZ."  Melt my heart!

* He calls his cloth diapers "mommy diapers" and the disposable one he wears at night "daddy diapers".  This tickles me because N puts the cloth ones on him just like I do!  I have no idea how he came up with that one.

* He plays with my ear lobe when he is trying to relax either on the couch or at bedtime.  I remember doing the exact same thing to my dad when I was little.  Typing that just made me a little teary!  Do you remember that, dad?

* He insists on having fruit snacks in the car on the way to daycare.  Considering this makes him move remarkably faster during this tough time of the day, it is a trick that I do not mind continuing :)

My little boy makes me so happy.  He makes me smile every single day.  Even when he tests my patience, he does it in the most loving and sweetest way.  He is one amazing little boy, and I can't wait to see him be the best big bwover in the world!