Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Random Updates.

I haven't blogged in a week!  Summer months keep BBZ up later and leaves little time for updates.  Here are just a few...

We are now landords with a signed lease that will begin on August 1st.  We have movers hired, boxes ready to be packed, about 17 home projects completed, an official loan commitment letter and an excitement I cannot describe at the thought of soon being in our forever house.
*************************
This is my last 4-day week before going back to work full-time.  Except, of course, that next week is a 4-day work week because of the holiday.  Yes, I am veyr happy that my first week back is a short one to hopfully ease me into this change that I am realy beginning to hate.  I dont' actually hate it, I just really wish I lived in a magic world where I could have everything...a great career, endless time with my child(ren), you know, what most women want.  N made me feel a million times better about it when he said I should think if this as going back to work to be able to work less after out next child is born.  Sort of like we are getting ready to get ready for the next baby!  I want to have our next child at least 3 years apart from BBZ, but I LOVE thinking about another baby!
*************************
I am having daycare dilemmas.  I am not 100% happy with where he is and am considering changing schools to one where he is closer to our new house.  I am not a huge fan of change and there will be lots in the coming months, so to add another one makes me very uncomfortable.  I'm not sure where we'll head with this, but I think I will call the lady I toured with and ask some additional questions.  Maybe BBZ, N and I can have another play date there soon.
*************************
We are going camping this weekend!  We haven't been since July 4th of last year, which was right before his surgery.  I hope BBZ does well in the tent.  I'm sure he will...he has snuck into bed with us a few times in the last week or so, so hopefully he will crash either in the playpen or in the sleeping bags with us.  The weather is supposed to be absolutely perfect and I can't wait!
*************************
We took BBZ to a his first swim pool party!  I can't believe how much fun it is to play with him in the water!  He did pretty great.  There was just one point where he thought he could walk through the 4 foot water to play with the older boys that kind of freaked me out, but otherwise he had so much fun splashing and playing in the water.  It was good practice for our camping trip this weekend since the lake there will be nice relief from the warm weather!
************************
BBZ has a new obsession with trains.  He lined his cars up in a long line and kept saying "choo-choo, choo-choo!"  We went on a hunt for trains and found a 120 piece set for $32!  He absolutely loves it!  It's all he wants to play with now and has incorporated all of his little people animals by piling them on either the train cars or the track or around the track as spectators.  He insists that I sit on the floor next to him by saying "mommy, mommy" over and over while pointing at the floor next to him.  He is so much fun to be around!

************************
There was a contest recently on the cloth diaper blog I read where you are supposed to say why you are happy on mother's day.  I really wanted to enter, but I forgot to.  I have written many times about how much I love my little man, but one thing I may not have mentioned is how much I really, really like him.  He is fun, and personable, caring, snuggly, sometimes shy at first, looks back to me if he's about to do something wrong (then does it anyway), is independent, intense, happy, and just fun to be with.  It goes without saying that I love him, he is my child so of course I do, but I really like him as a little mini person!  I can't wait to keep learning about him!  I have lots more to write, but as you can see, this is a short update post.
***********************
This evening my very good friend, Laura, was watching another friend's little boy so BBZ and I went over to visit so the boys and Laura's little girl couls play.  We had so much fun!  The boys were so cute playing together and Laura's little munchkin was trying so hard to keep up with the big boys.  It was fun seeing how sweet BBZ is with a baby, and to see him rough house with another boy!  The first picture was from tonight, the other is from a little over a year ago when they were together another time...I can't believe how much they change in just a year!


Happy Wednesday!