Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Building Blocks and Lots of "Nuv"

I had an absolutely amazing day with my little man today. First, I must post that on Monday I heard the sweetest words I have ever heard in my whole life. I was nursing BBZ after we got home and I said to him..."Guess what?!?, I love you!" and he looked at me with those beautiful big brown eyes and said "I nuv oooo." I almost cried. I tried to get him to keep saying it, but nope. That was it! N and I both heard him try to say it this past weekend, so to hear the words so clearly was pretty awesome. I posted this on facebook and said that life doesn't get any better than this, and a good friend of ours commented that he hates to burst my bubble, but it does in fact get better! He has a beautiful little girl who is 2 1/2, so I think he probably knows what he is talking about.

So back to our wonderful day. We had a guy come out to the house last night and a different one this morning to give us bids on fixing our damp basement (both were expensive which sucks, but that's another story). So after he left I though BBZ and I would go out and enjoy the day, but he was begging me for a nap, so I laid him down and he slept for almost 3 hours! Growth spurt, anyone?

Once he woke up we ate lunch and ran to Target. He insisted on bringing Roar, which cracks me up since he never really cared much for stuffed animals, but this Roar has him hooked! I tried to think of something fun to do afterwards...go to the Zoo, the park, the mall, but all I really wanted to do was spend time with him, so we came home and just played! He got his blocks out and built tall towers with animals on them, like he and his daddy did a few weeks ago. After he built the towers he stepped back and looks so proud of himself! I ran and got the camera and snapped this...

Do you see the way he is holding his hands?  And look down at how he has his feet crossed...so cute!  He was so proud of himself and of what he built.  Do you see the tower with only one block with the giraffe on top?  Here's a close up...

He had that pose after he did all of the tall towers so I ran and got the camera, but before I could snap a picture he looked down and saw the giraffe laying on the floor and exclaimed "Oh, no!!!" and picked him up. He looked at his towers with this troubled look because all of the towers had animals on them. I didn't say anything because I wondered how he would solve this problem. He grabbed one of the single blocks that was lying nearby and set it next to the tall tower. He planted the giraffe right on top and returned to his spot leaning against the chair admiring his accomplishment. He cracks me up!
I'm just posting this one because I love his concentrating face...he's so serious!


I took this one because I found it pretty funny that we have this nice house with many rooms, but every member of my family (that was home) managed to be on this small rug in our living room for about an hour together. That's kind of funny to me. Why are we moving into a bigger house?