Thursday, March 22, 2012

Three and a Half

Dear Big Brother Z,

Tomorrow, my sweet first born, you awill be three and a half.  I cannot believe how fast time is going by.  If I blink my eyes, you will be starting kindergarten.

You are so full of spunk!  You are curious about the world around you, ask 1,000,000,000 questions ALL THE TIME, and can talk on a walk from the minute we leave the front door until the minute we get home.

You have been completely potty trained for a while now, but as of a few weeks ago you no longer use the little frog potty.  You can get onto and off of the toilet by yourself and like to brag about that fact.  It is hard to get you to go before we leave sometimes, so I will put a few drops of blue food coloring in the potty for you to pee on.  This is what happens when I leave the blue food coloring within your reach :)


You have awesome bed head, especially on Sunday mornings.


You are learning so much at school and are always excited to tell us what you learned each day.  I asked you to write your name recently and this is what you did.  I think it's awesome.


You love, love and LOVE Legos!  Your daddy and I love them too, so we get lots of new Legos in our house.  You are working on keeping them off of the floor so your brother doesn't get them.  He is super close to crawling and is already very interested in the toys you are playing with.  And so it begins.


You have one heck of a sweet tooth.  You convinced me to take you to FroYo on this day.  I think it was one of the first times I took you and your brother to a restaurant by myself.  You did really well, so FroYo was a nice reward for all of us.


You and your daddy are really close.  You definitely like me to do things for you, but no one in the world can rough house, play Legos or superheros like your daddy!


You and daddy went to see Phineus and Ferb at an arena and you loved it!  You and daddy get to do special things when you are together that mama doesn't do.  It's a special time for you and your daddy and I can tell it means so much to you.  And to your daddy.


You still love all things creepy-crawly.  I have become very accustomed to having a small boy around.  I barely even flinch when you bring me something gross that you find outside.  Now that you are old enough to not put it in your mouth I don't worry at all.



You have also become quite the little swimmer.  You show off your new love of the water each night in the bathtub.  You were so afraid of the water, but that has all changed.  It was such a joy to watch you change from being so fearful to so comfortable in such a short amount of time.  You even talk about being on the swim team one day!  I can't wait to see if that is something you decide to do.


You are still a worrier, just like me.  I try to help you be brave to try new things, but your fear often overcomes my efforts.  If you don't think about it and just do something, you are done before you realize you did it.  But if you have time to think about trying something you often talk yourself out of it.  I also wonder how that will change or present itself in you as you grow.


You are such a wonderful big brother to Lu.  You smile at him and get him to giggle like none of the rest of us can.  I really believe that he knows you are his big brother and he follows you across a room when you are near.  You have risen to the challenge of sharing you home and your life with him, and I just love watching the two of you together.


I am so enjoying watching you grow and become who you are meant to be, BBZ.  I can tell by your high-water pants that you are growing tall, but also by your personality.  You are changing right before my eyes and I love every minute of it!  Well, ok, maybe not every minute :)  You definitely have your times when you are not the most fun to be around, but those times are becoming fewer and farther between.

People often say they want time to stand still and for their babies to stay little, but not me.  I absolutely adore watching you grow and change.  I love seeing the new things you learn and how proud you are when you accomplish something, no matter how small.

You are my first born and hold a special place in my heart BBZ.  Mommy loves you so much.

Love,
Mommy