Friday, July 8, 2011

Two Years Ago Tomorrow...

. . . I went to a hospital for the second time after being sent home by a man who said my baby was "sick, but not critically ill".

. . . my 9-month old experienced the first of two surgeries he would have before the age of 14 months.

. . . I typed a long blog post detailing the events of the previous few days.

. . . I had to hold down my baby while doctors tried to help him.

. . . I pumped as my baby was beginning his surgery, and felt an overwhelming feeling of peace.

. . . I was right to feel that everything was going to be ok.

These Days . . .

. . . I remember exactly what it felt like to see him wake up the next morning.

. . . I remember exactly how his little face looked at me to rescue him while the doctors tried to help.

. . . I cry when I re-read the blog post I wrote.

. . . I laugh when I re-read this post, about a large headed baseball man and his really bad timing.

. . . my son is anxiously awaiting the arrival of his little brother.  And also his birthday, which to him seem to coincide.

. . . I lay down with him until he falls asleep, every single night.

. . . I argue with him for 20 minutes about brushing his teeth.

. . . I negotiate my way out of Target with $.99 stickers as opposed to a $44.99 Lego set.

. . . he has mastered the potty, with an occasional accident here and there.

. . . I smell his hair and breathe him in and remember how I felt 2 years ago tomorrow.

. . . I promise again to never take a moment with him for granted. . .even the hard ones.

. . . he loves to show off his scar, just like my dad predicted he would.

I must say, it looks much better than I imagined it would 2 years ago!

6 comments:

  1. I remember leaving you "treats" on your front porch two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very amazing this post.Thanks for your valuable contribution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This link might be more helpful
    This site is great.
    Thanks for your valuable contribution

    ReplyDelete