Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our Trip to the Far North

I have so much to blog about, that I almost don't know where to start.  I really want to post my vacation pics, so that's what I'll do now.  I have been falling asleep with BBZ each night like I did during the whole first trimester, so tonight I actually drank some caffeine before I laid him down to help me stay up.  Hopefully I won't regret that later :)

My parents live in the far, far north about 13 hours away.  We flew into an airport about 3 hours from their house and rented a car to drive the rest of the way.  BBZ did awesome on the flight and the drive and even kept his out of the house underwear (aka pull-ups) dry the whole trip!

We usually drive to visit my parents in November, which is crazy cold.  Going in the spring/summer is awesome because it is warm, but it is also not as humid and a nice break from the crazy hot Midwest.

So we spent plenty of time in their gorgeous back yard.

Here is my sister and her fiance!  It was so great to meet him and to see her so happy!

Doesn't their yard look like a park?

N and CJ had all kinds of fun.




This was a perfect way to spend the day!  We tried to fill the days with lots of activities...




Cousins :)

We found a park with this amazing, completely accessible playground.  BBZ loves a good playground.


There was lots of Popsicle eating.


The boys down by the red river, which interestingly flows north.

Getting ready to watch CJ open his birthday presents.

 I love this one.

We went to Chuck E Cheese for CJ's birthday!  BBZ had lots of fun.

So did the Birthday Boy!



We thought this place was pretty cool!  BBZ loved the tow truck.

I love these boys!  And I can't believe we will have another one in the family very soon!

BBZ's first try at Putt-Putt Golf!


He was so cute.  He would carry the ball to the hole, place it right in front of it and push it in with his putter.  It was awesome.

I, on the other hand, suck at golf bad.  I think I only got it into one of the holes the whole time.

In my defense, we did only play 9 holes.  Still, those odds are pretty bad.

I love this one too!  He was pretty done by this time.

It was such a great trip!  BBZ was a really good boy almost the entire trip.  It only rained the last 2 days and we were home by 4pm or so after a day of travel.  That was hard, but BBZ only had 1 accident while we were traveling and maybe 2 while at my parents house.  Overall, I think our little man has mastered the potty.  I'll post more about that another time.