Monday, January 14, 2013

Hello, Monday.

Since March of 2011, I have had Mondays off of work.  And I have loved it.  I started working on Mondays again for 1 week before Christmas, but last week was my forst official 40-hour work week in a while.

Surprisingly, being back at work on Mondays hasn't really been that bad.  N has been staying home, BBZ goes to school from 9-12:30pm (to both hold his spot and allow him to swim with his friends on Monday mornings, something he has been missing since the beginning of the school year), and all three of my boys get to spend the afternoons having fun and playing together.

While I am a bit jealous when I see the photos N posts on his instagram account, I can't help but feel a bit giddy about having a husband who is not only willing to take Mondays off with our boys, but doesn't spend the day laying around the house with them watching TV.  They go out and about and likely do all kinds of things that only their daddy lets them do.

And as it should be.  I'm glad they get to spend this time together.  It's good.  For all of us.

So N planned to take all of the Mondays in January off and have the boys begin on February 1st, but our plan had a bit of a hiccup when we were told that LBZ's room didn't have an opening on Mondays.  At first, we thought that I would have to go back to 4 days/week for a while, or look into another daycare option for Mondays, but something told me it would all work out.

And of course, it did.  An opening came on Thursdays and a baby that was coming on Mondays and Fridays wanted Thursdays and Fridays instead, so open came our Mondays.  And luckily our daycare is great so they will hold our place at our word that we will have them there (and the 5 days/week plan paid) for March 1.  We've been there long enough, where I guess they trust us.

Which means that on Mondays the boys may be able to sleep in, along with N, but I get to drive straight to work and back.  And spend my whole work day mapping out my to-do list for the week.  Rather than spending all of Tuesday catching up on Monday while stock piling everything from Tuesday into the rest of the week.  So far, it has been nice.

It's not that I don't want to spend time with my boys.  I love hanging out with them.  But to be honest, I can tell how much more relaxed I am when I am with them.  It's as though my stress from work was spilling over and I didn't even realize it.  Maybe the time I do spend with them will be extra sweet if my mind is 100% on them, rather than split between them and worrying about what I didn't get done at work that day.

Who knows.  Working full time with two boys worked before, and I'm sure it will work again.