Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Little Brother Z is 7 Months Old!

What is it about 7 months that seems so much older than 6 months?  You are growing right before our eyes and did so many new things this month!


At the beginning, you still preferred to lay on your tummy on a blanket...


Then you started to like the idea of sitting up!  You needed this boppy or some pillows in case you toppled over, but even when you did you just rolled onto your tummy and kept on playing!  You have the best demeanor.


That fuzzy hair of yours is so absolutely fabulous!  It's best right after your bath when it stands straight up, which it actually does all the time unless I have a hoody on you.  People often stop me and comment on how great your hair is :)



All of the drool was a sure sign that another exciting first was getting ready to make it's appearance!


You rode on your first airplane!  You were so happy and charming and had all of the people sitting around us oogling all over you.


You are so grown up that you sit in a high chair now!  You also love various pureed food, that I make at home for you.  Your school has a rule that parents can't bring food for their kids without a note from your doctor, so I had the chiropractor write one for you!  I love being 100% sure of where your food comes from.

That plane ride took us to your first visit at Meme and Papa's house for your first Easter!  You liked the eggs :)


And your first trip to the Children's museum in their town!



Look at you sitting up all by yourself with no pillows!  Just like your brother at 6/7 months, you couldn't at the beginning of the month but could by the end!


Discovering the excitement of grass in between your fingers.


Your little old man sweater that I bought for you while I was pregnant.  You look so handsome on your first Easter.


And your first bath sitting up!  I have a seat that you use in the big tub, and this is you in Meme and Papa's kitchen sink.  You loved it!


I absolutely love this photo of you and my dad.  You both look so happy!  He loves you, your brother and your cousin so much :)


And last, but not least, you cut your first two teeth!  If you look really closely, under the avocados, you can see 2 cute little white teeth just starting to pop through.  You were so unhappy one morning at about 5am when I first felt them.  It must have hurt pretty badly because you refused to nurse and just cried.  Your daddy and I felt so hopeless having to hear you cry that way.  I actually gave you some Tylenol, something I rarely do, which helped you a lot.


Oh sweet baby Lu, you are growing right before our eyes and I love every minute of it!  You saw the chiropractor today and for the first time since our first appointment, we didn't schedule our next one!  You are doing really well and the doc said I can just bring you back when I think I need to.  I am so happy that your ears responded well to this treatment.

You are so unbelievably happy all the time.  People always comment on what a great and laid back demeanor you have.  No one makes you laugh like your brother.  You love sweet potatoes and avocados, but aren't too sure about bananas and pears.  You are somewhat small for your age, but wear 6/9 month clothes and 9 month sleepers.  You get really angry when your toys get just out of your reach and will holler and squeal until we either move you to the toy or move the toy closer to you.  If you're playing with something and we take it away from you, you get really mad too!

You are definitely showing us little pieces of your personality and we just keep getting to know you.  I am so glad you are here and so unbelievably happy to have you, your brother and your daddy in my life.  I love you so much, Luther-Lu.

Love,
Mommy