Monday, October 10, 2011

Little Brother Z is One Month Old!

Stats (added after 1-month appointment on 10.11.11)
10lbs, 4oz
21.5 inches long
(50th Percentile in all areas)

Holy cow, it's already been a month.  Then again, I really can't remember life without you, my sweet littlest man.  You are growing so much and changing everyday.  You are a stinker about sleep and almost never go more than 3 hours without eating.  I can't wait for your 1-month appointment tomorrow so I can see how much weight you have actually put on!  None of your newborn clothes fit anymore, and your little rolls are too cute for words!  All the milk is filling you out nicely.

This was a month of firsts...
Your first bath...


And of course your big brother had to help.


He washed your toes :)


You only cried a little...not anything like your brother who screamed the whole time.  You seem to really love bath time.  You did crash right afterwards though.  Sleepy little sweetie pie :) 


You met Auntie E for the first time...


And Papa for the first time, too.


And also Great Grandma H and Great Grandpa J


You have some baby acne, but it is fading fast.


I really have to keep up with your nails because they grow so fast!  When I can't get to them fast enough, you wear the same spider man socks on your hands that BBZ did.  They are awesome.


This was the first time you fell asleep all on your own too!  It may have also been the last :)


And you had your first bottle.  I was so nervous about this, but you did great!  I had all kinds of mixed feelings about it.  You see, I love being the only one who provides my milk for you.  That fact prevented me from introducing a bottle to your brother until he was 3 months old.  It made for a really hard transition.  As much as I would like to be the only one to provide for you, you having a bottle eventually is inevitable, so we introduced it now to make it easier on you.  You did great!


BBZ had to help too.  He just loves helping you and talking to you.  He always says the same thing "don't worry, little brother, everything is going to be alright".  Just like in Three Little Birds.  You boys are so precious!


You are not a fabulous sleeper, but I am getting used to it.  A stretch longer than 3 hours would be nice, but I'll take what I can get.  You have a terrible fussy time between 8pm and 10 or 11pm every night.  I hope to go to a concert this Wednesday, but I think I might have to miss it because of your choice in fussy times.  I wouldn't be able to stand knowing that you were screaming the way you do with no relief from me.  I've seen this band over 50 times, so missing them for you would be totally worth it.

You have turned our lives upside down, and we couldn't be happier.  You are sweet and laid back and I can't wait to see what is to come.  I love you, sweet LBZ.

Love,
Mommy